Monday, July 08, 2013

DOMA Finally Ruled Unconstitutional

On June 26, 2013 the United States Supreme Court finally ruled DOMA unconstitutional! How long we have waited for this? When I saw the news on t.v. I literally fell on my knees and cried, but this time out of joy and happiness. I have not posted on this blog for so long. Discouragement? Apathy? Well at any rate, the law that has kept us here in Canada is finally gone. Finally a new reality has come our way and we can finally plan our way to go home. This now brings all kinds of uncertainty. There is now legal fees, government fees, medical fees. You name it there is a fee. And relocation after over 8 years is not easy, it's not impossible but not easy. I know it is hard for all binational couples but it has been and will be very hard for us. For anyone who is following this blog please share our fund raising link. I will be posting our journey home as it falls into place. Right now the issue is $.

http://www.gofundme.com/3gm9uw

No comments: